The Dos and Don’ts of Taking Notes
Taking notes is something we all do in almost every class. From elementary school to college and beyond, taking notes is a common part of every learning experience. Despite the universality of notes, many of us have poor techniques when it comes to taking notes! Below are some of the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to note taking:
- Use headings and separators to organize your notes
- Be concise and to the point
- Look for elements that distinguish important points from less important points
Italicized, Bolded, Underlined passages are usually important
First and last sentences of paragraphs
- Review your notes to make sure you understand them
- Compare notes with your peers to see if they caught something you missed
- Write long and rambling sentences
- Mix notes from different classes or topics together
- Copy your teacher’s slides word for word
- Cram notes the day before an exam or major paper
Taking notes is something that we all do on a daily basis. Use these above tips to maximize your efficiency when it comes to class notes!
- 3 Tips For Easy Time Management
- 4 Questions to Ask Yourself After Receiving A Bad Grade
- 4 Steps For Applying to the Right Colleges
- How To Create Better Sleeping Habits
- 3 Tips For Self Care
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.
The Four Year Plan is a book and online course that will help students get into the college of their dreams. Plan your strategy to get into your dream college, learn how to make your college application stand out, draft the perfect college essay, and more insider secrets and strategies from our college consultants. Click here for an easy, step-by-step plan for applying to colleges and writing your college essays.