Academics can be hard enough without hundreds of distractions bidding for your attention. While studying for a test or just completing homework, it is beneficial to create an atmosphere free of distractions and conducive to productivity. Even in class it is crucial to avoid distractions that steal your attention from lecture. Here are some tips for creating a healthy environment for studying.
1. Noise Distractors – If possible study in an area with minimal noise. This could mean a room away from distractions like others watching TV, a younger sibling, or musical instruments. If unable to reduce the ambient noise, think about wearing headphones and listening to music to drown out the surroundings.
2. Discipline with Electronics – It may be necessary to separate yourself from distractions like cell phones, computers or TV’s while studying. If working on a computer, make sure to keep tabs and windows unrelated classwork to a minimum.
3. Distracting Objects – Are there certain items in your study space that draw your attention away from the work at hand? For example, if you are going on a ski trip in a couple weeks and your boots and poles are sitting in the corner, it may be hard not to daydream about cruising down the mountain when you focus on homework.
- How To Create Better Sleep Habits
- 3 Tips For Self-Care
- How Exercise Plays Into Academic Success
- 7 Ways To Instantly Improve Your Public Speaking
- 3 Tips For Easy Time Management
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.
The Four Year Plan is a book and online course that will help students get into the college of their dreams. Plan your strategy to get into your dream college, learn how to make your college application stand out, draft the perfect college essay, and more insider secrets and strategies from our college consultants. Click here for an easy, step-by-step plan for applying to colleges and writing your college essays.