Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a complex mental health disorder that can affect a child’s success in school and with interpersonal relationships. Unfortunately, the symptoms of ADHD do vary and are sometimes difficult to recognize. Here are common signs that may indicate ADHD.
1. A common sign of ADHD is an inability to recognize other people’s needs and desires. A child with ADHD may interrupt other people when they are talking and may have trouble waiting their turn for things like classroom activities and when playing games with other children.
2. A child with ADHD may have difficulty keeping emotions – both good and bad – in check. They may have outbursts of anger at inappropriate times or temper tantrums (in younger children).
3. You may often find yourself muttering, “It’s like the kid’s got a motor that’s always running.” Children with ADHD often can’t sit still. They may try to get up and run around or, when forced to sit, constantly fidget or squirm in their chair.
4. A child with ADHD may show interest in lots of different thing but may have problems seeing them through to the end. Often, a child with ADHD will start a project, chore, or homework but leave it unfinished as they simply move on to the next thing that catches their interest.
It’s important to remember that all children are going to exhibit some of these behaviors some of the time. Kids will be kids, after all. But if your child regularly displays signs of ADHD especially if the behavior is affecting his or her success in school and leading to negative interaction with peers – you should start thinking about the next step. The good news is that ADHD is a very treatable condition.
- 3 Things We Can Learn From Immigrant Cultures
- 5 Questions to Ask a Tutoring Agency
- Tips for Building Confidence
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.
The Four Year Plan is a book and online course that will help students get into the college of their dreams. Plan your strategy to get into your dream college, learn how to make your college application stand out, draft the perfect college essay, and more insider secrets and strategies from our college consultants. Click here for an easy, step-by-step plan for applying to colleges and writing your college essays.