Going back to school after Winter Break can be daunting, even when you’re in college like I am. I find myself nervous about my teachers, the amount of work I might have to do over the year, and about the uncertainty with how I’ll adapt to these things. While your work load, and teachers are out of your control, preparing with the basics is not! Before school begins each year, I make a list and make sure I have everything I need to begin the year organized, and ready to go! My list includes:
- A spiral notebook, for each course.
- A weekly, and monthly planner so that I can make sure I’m organized from the get-go.
- Any books that have been required by the teacher.
- My desired system of organization (binder with colored dividers, for me personally).
- Sticky notes, so I can leave myself reminders about assignments and activities in places I frequent around my house.
- My favorite pens, pencils and erasers.
- An idea about where each of my classes is located within the school, completed on meet-the-teacher day.
While everyone’s list may be slightly different, it’s a good idea to think about what supplies you need throughout the year. Then you won’t have to stress out on the first day of school without them!
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.