Test time around any college campus is always an interesting one. It is during this time that the library is most busy around 3am instead of the normal 3pm. In order to prevent the late night cramming, here are some tactics that will help you keep pace with your classes:
- Read Before: Try to read what will be presented next day in lecture before that lecture. That way the lecture will be a reinforcement of the material.
- Take Notes: Don’t waste your time in lecture reading emails or doodling. Pay attention and take notes. If not, you might as well have skipped class and spent your time doing something else.
- Read After: Re-read your lecture notes after the class. Many times in class you are rushing to keep up with what the professor is writing. Reading after will allow you to synthesize the material presented.
- Make a Study Guide: When you’re studying for a test, make a study guide of all the important information. That way come finals time, you have all the important information.
- Ask Questions: If you find yourself confused about the material, ask your professors or peers. Don’t wait until the night before the test, it will only seem more confusing then.
It is impossible to follow all these steps for all your classes, but if you try to incorporate one or two of them into each class, you will stay ahead of the curve.
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.