Throughout all of our lives, we will be confronted with the challenge of an interview. Interviews are made out to be stressful and uncomfortable. However, they are an opportunity to talk about yourself: your accomplishments, your current tasks, and your dreams. Here is a list of helpful tips for interviews:
· Sum yourself up in 30 seconds. Know what you would say if you had to tell someone who you are in 30 seconds.
· Keep good posture. Make sure your back is straight and you sit well in your seat.
· Keep eye contact. Don’t stare people down either, but make sure that you are comfortable with keeping eye contact with someone.
· Come up with 5 of your strengths. Think about what experiences in your life developed these strengths, and think about times when you have exemplified these strengths.
· Dress to impress. It’s always better to dress up a little more then to dress down. That being said, don’t show up in a tuxedo.
· Practice beforehand. Have “mock interviews” with friends or family to practice what you would say.
· Relax. Whatever happens in that interview, it’s not the end of the world. Take it easy and remember: you only talking about yourself.
Overall, make sure to be presentable and professional, and most importantly, have fun! This is a time to express your interests and passions. Good luck!
Elite Private Tutors is a world-class tutoring service helping students in Math tutoring, English tutoring, History tutoring, Spanish tutoring, SAT tutoring, Science Tutoring, ACT tutoring, ISEE tutoring, and much more. We deliver concierge-level service and are a boutique agency located in Houston, Texas. Please click here for more information.